6.11.2006

Wedding night and beyond

The wedding took place in the early evening, in a botanical garden in FBs old neighborhood--the same neighborhood that the previous day's rehearsal dinner was held in.

The chairs overlooked a small hillside that gave a nice vista to the gardens below. Everything was in bloom and very pretty.






We all sat very somberly and serenely as people tend to do at weddings. It wouldn't do to act like a fool or something during a most important moment in a friends life. (That sort of thing only happens in movies, I reckon.) But once the wedding was over, the fun and merriment could begin. After wandering through the receiving line and wishing the happy couple all good things, we headed downhill into the shade (mercifully!) to get refreshing drinks and wander the botanical garden grounds while dinner was being set up.





See . . . dignified! That's how you act at weddings!




















During my perusal of the rose garden portion of the botanical grounds, it seems that Jack snapped my picture from afar. He immediately termed these my "JFK photos" and I have to agree. I purposefully changed the images to black and white to make them seem more portentous, but I think you can imagine me in the Oval Office (or the Rose Garden I suppose), drinking a whiskey sour (or something) and deciding how best to teach those commies a nuclear lesson they wouldn't soon forget.

Anyway . . . there was a nice dinner, interesting conversations with Spec's and FB's old friends and much dancing and merriment. Since I am not a dancer by trade or by nature, I didn't participate that much in this phase of the evening. Spec (bless him) drug me out there for one dance, but I mostly left it to the more skilled, the more enthusiastic, etc. I really couldn't afford to sweat through my shirt and suit coat much more. It was rather humid that evening.

Just trust me that we all had a good time. I didn't take pictures of the reception . . . sorry.

The next day, before we hit the road back to C-town, we stopped to have brunch with those that remained. It was a nice, relaxed atmosphere back in Chestnutt Hill, talking a bit more with everyone and preparing to say our goodbyes.

For me, it was a nice step out of my normal husband, parent routine. I am extremely grateful to Lynda for allowing me to go and spending the whole of a holiday weekend without me.

And thanks of course go to Jack, Cordelia, and Raisinette for their companionship, driving skills, music, and everything else that made it a fun trip there and back again.


Final thanks and best wishes for many, many happy years together go to FuzzyBlu and Spec who invited me and put on a great weekend.

No comments: