2.28.2009

Scenes in a Grocery Store

You might think this is an innocent hair brush purchased for my kids. But you would be foolish to make such a snap judgement about this item. Take a careful look at the label here. 

Do you see it?

This brush is ION infused! Ions!

When I was a kids, ions were used to power the interstellar engines of Darth Vader's spaceship. Now we have harnessed the power of the ion to fight the tangles in staticky hair!

On a different website, I would simply say "New Releases FAIL" and move on. But, while I admit that is what I thought, I wonder if there is some missing meaning behind this collection. I don't think any of these books are new, so in that sense they are not New Releases. But, if you think from the perspective of young readers, these are new to them and reading can release them from the ignorance of their youth.

Yeah, I'm babbling.
If you were properly concerned with the Ion brush that I started this post off with, then you should truly be concerned at the profusion of brushes here. It's like a Republic shipyard of Star Destroyer death here!

But seriously . . . WHY in the holy name of capitalism do we need this many hair brush choices? Are there REALLY that many different types of hair?
Finally, the image that started it all off. You've got to hand it to whomever tagged this bag of diapers with the cool shades. It caught my eye and got me looking around for more.

No comments: