7.21.2009

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Yeah, that's me rocking out to Nirvana back in college.

Check the outfit.

Flannel shirt (I was--am--enslaved by what fashion says I should wear to match the trend. Grunge was not different. But at least that was the only flannel shirt and I wore it prior to hearing of Nirvana. And I wore it until Lynda forced me to get rid of it.)

Greenish suit vest. (Yeah, the vest has no connection to the shirt in any way. Perhaps that was the "Losing My Religion" side of me fighting against the Cobain? But I undeniably enjoyed pairing these two items together. Why did Lynda marry me again?)

Sweat pants (I've always had some kind of love/hate thing with sweat pants. They look much better on other people than they do on me. And you won't catch me wearing them these days. I think I wore them then with this outfit. And like everything else I'm wearing mid-slam--or whatever epileptic fit I'm calling a dance here--it just doesn't work. Did confidence make it all work? When has that ever worked for me?)

Unseen due to my gesticulating arm, the infamous JCrew hat.

No comments: