6.05.2012

#SummerHat12 Candidate #3

Candidate number 3 is a 1974 era Atlanta Braves hat.
While I was alive during this time, I was only a toddler when the most important event of this uniform era (Hank Aaron breaking Babe Ruth's career home run record) occurred.
During most of my conscious baseball watching as a kid, I remember this uniform style. These were the Dale Murphy, Bob Horner, Bruce Benedict years.
And when the Braves were national postseason powerhouses year-after-year in the Bobby Cox/Glavine/Smoltz/Maddox/Chipper era, the unis looked like this.

Over time I've owned one of each of these styles. (And subsequently lost each one of them as well.) But the only style I happen to have right now is the Hammerin' Hank '74 version. And I like it . . . even if the bill is curved slightly lop-sided.

No comments: